For the 3rd time in 13 months I have a Raymore & Flanigan technican out to measure the body dents in my mattress.In Jan they agreed the mattress was defective and replaced it.

This week the replacement mattress was found to have body dents between one inch and one and a quarter inch, not sufficient to be deemed defective. The mattress is a joke. If this is what Raymore & Flanigan consider excellent quality, I will no longer do business with them or Sealy.

This I am typing to fullfill some inane requirement for a minimum of one hundred words in my complaint.

Had an Experience with Raymour and Flanigan?

Comments

Skimp2011

We have read your comments and would like to contact you regarding the warranty claim which you filed with Raymour & Flanigan. Please email your contact information to "wewanttohelp@sealy.com". We can not guarantee the replacement of your sleep set at this time, however we are interested in reviewing your claim and processes that were taken with your warranty claim.

@ the technician, on 01-01-2011 21:51 A string across the bed is a joke!put weight on the bed in two different spots one in the "body dent" and one in a unaffected area, then measure the results.

I am so tired of the "spin" people through out there to cover their problems. For Gods sake take some responsibly for your crappy product!

Then build it better.The mattress we had before the Sealy cal king was a cheap no name brand...It lasted for 15 years and no "body dent" I donated it to a person in need and they still thank me for the like new 15 year old mattress now 17 years old!

We have a two year old Sealy Cal king that has two huge "body dents" we are not over weight and we rotate our mattress every 6 months.JcPennys sent out a Mattress tech from "Sleep Tech Mattress inspectors".

JcPennys said in their email stated that our mattress is bad but denied our claim. JcPennys warranty inspector lied. Telling us we had a certain number of bed slats and we have the required amount. We looked for the "sleep tech mattress inspector" on line and have found nothing.

Did a phone search and it led to a personal cell phone only, no business.

JcPennys sold us a $2000.00 bed set we even bought the mattress cover another $100.00 Claiming they had the BEST warranty in the business. Now they won't honor it! We requested the report from their inspector and the photos, nothing! no answer, no nothing!

I am so tired of getting riped off by businesses that I pay good money to.

What can I do?

Small claims court?:(

I agree about the American TV comments.I have a 6mo old sealy Embody latex bed thats sagging so badly I cannot sleep on it!

but not enough to warrenty the replacement!What do I do with a $2,000 piece of junk?

First of all, all mattresses get body impressions. That's just how they're made. The old kind with the metal spring and frame inside didn't do it so much, but that was then and this is now. They were noisy and got uncomfortable after a while. If anyone still manufactures them, I don't know who it is.

If you think yours is defective and should be exchanged, take a string and attach it to one side of the mattress and stretch it across. If there is more than a 1 1/2 inch sag, it is defective. Don't measure the quilted depression as a sag. Measure the highest point to the lowest.

Really, a matress is not a medical device. If you have back pain, go to the doctor. If you buy a firm mattress, you will wake and roll over more often as parts of your body have the circulation cut off and "go to sleep". If you buy a softer mattress, you will liklier sleep in one position all night and may have muscle cramps in odd spots in the morning. Sleep number and latex mattress slleviate this but not completely.

Mattresses are not the only redesigned product on the bed. The box springs are more springy than the older ones that didn't have much in the line of springs involved. If yours is not supported well and all over, like if you're using a glideaway frame, (one of the metal ones) with a support at the head and foot of the bed, it will give three or four inches in the course of a night and you will be sleeping in a hole. The more you roll around in your...

Finally, even if you have to pay a service charge to have a person come and look at the bed, pay it. You can't buy a new mattress for $40. The point to having that person come there is that the manufacturer won't accept returns that are in unsanitary condition, that have stains or obvious signs of abuse. No manufacturer will. Don't even bother your lawyer. They've already won this one. For Sealy, the warranty information is on a tag on the side of the bed. It is a fold out that has their name in gray letters.

The reason that they want some problem that can be measured is that there are cusotmers out there who would like to exchange whatever they bought, where ever they bought it after xx years and get a new one. They have to protect themselves.

#208756

I have a two year old Sealy mattress that is sagging in the middle and killing my back. Paid $1000 for this piece of junk.

Kevin_McG

The Sealy’s latex mattresses feels great in the beginning but then lower back pain kicks in and you start to wonder.

My 1y old Sealy’s latex mattress lost all its support and Sealy’s will not exchange because it is not sagging “enough”. So beware!!! Almost all latex mattresses will not sag enough to qualify for Sealy’s warranty. Their inspection is an unbelievable joke.

I called and visited many stores and ALL sales reps confirmed these issues and strongly advised me to stay away from any latex and foam mattress from Sealy’s, Stearns & Foster and Bassett, which are all the same company!

Sealy’s is ripping off customers with their cheap and overpriced foam and latex mattresses. If you check consumer reviews you will find many negative reviews about Sealy latex mattresses. They should be investigated for their shady business practices.

I now have lower back pain and am out of $2,000, plus medical expenses.

The manufacturer does not reimburse American for the service visit. $40 is a small price to pay to get a brand new mattress under warranty if indeed yours is defective. American has excellent in home service techs, and they will honor the warranty if it qualifies.

I have a 4 year old Sealy mattress with major body dents.I was told to go to the place of purchase and American TV and appliance wants to charge me to assess my mattress!

Without a technician assessing the "damage" I cannot file a claim.

I cannot see paying American $40 bucks to come look at my mattress when I already paid them in full when I bought it.After hearing warranty horror stories we are going to try to find a sagless mattress and cut our losses, but we will NEVER buy a Sealy and we will NEVER shop at American TV and appliance.

Without a technician assessing the "damage" I cannot file a claim.