Purchased a power lift chair for my 90 year old mother. Within two weeks the bottom of the chair dropped and listed to one side. I paid (American Express Charge) $995.00 for the item.

We called the store, someone came out and agreed the chair was definately defective. My mother did not want to get a replacement because she felt if one chair was bad - shoddy workmanship - what if the next had the same problem, prehaps in a longer time frame.

The company claims they are entitled to a 15% restocking charge on a shoddy/defective product. They claim they will only authorize a 85% credit to American Express, I told American Express I refuse to pay the 15% - It is the same as making a $150 profit on nothing.

Had an Experience with Raymour and Flanigan?

Comments

Raymour and Flanigan - Terrible Furniture & Customer Service Raymour and Flanigan "we purchased a new set from Raymour & Flanigan.It took a few weeks before it came in and when we received it, I was disappointed..." Read more Raymour and Flanigan - No shape retention in foam cushions Raymour and Flanigan "Bought a beautiful set for our den that will be 2 years old the end of June. Called back in March and had to wait 3 weeks for tech to..." Read more Raymour and Flanigan - Raymour and Flannigan, or is it Pay more and Scamagain. Raymour and Flanigan "Reported our dissatisfaction with a sectional after a couple of weeks, only offer to take it back was if we purchased a more expensive replacement. After just over a year..." Read more Raymour and Flanigan - Disgruntled Customer Raymour and Flanigan "I bought a five piece wooden bedroom set from Raymour and Flannigan approximately 2 years ago, I had a one year manufacturers warranty, and the platinum protection warranty which is..." Read more Southern Style Design Bar - Don't waste your money! Rude seller, damaged order, poor customer service Southern Style Design Bar "Ordered vinyl on 8/21/17, arrived 10/6/17 damaged. The box had obviously been crushed prior to shipping, so the items would fit. It had been awkwardly taped shut, and the vinyl..." Read more ScoreSense - PISSED OFF FATHER ScoreSense "This is complete *** and that's why I will not bring my business to this company nor will I refer anyone to deal with a company as shady as this..." Read more American Mattress - Warranty Scam American Mattress "Time to replace mattress & foundation. Original items with frame bought at American Mattress. After 7 months, with only one person sleeping in this Queen mattress ($1200) the sides developed..." Read more Car Part Planet - Terrible Experience Car Part Planet "I never submit reviews but as bad as my experience was i am going to. Engine showed up late. Extremely rusty on the inside (see attached photo) and full of..." Read more