We purchased a couch and loveseat from the Garden City, N.Y. Raymor & Flanagan store. The salesman initially wrote down the wrong color on the purchase order. Before we left the store after the purchase we had him assure us that he corrected his error. My wife contacted the store, speaking once again to the salesman, as well as with the sales manager on 2 subsequent occasions prior to delivery, to assure that the color was correct. Well, lo and behold, on the day of delivery the wrong colored couch was brought. When we spoke with the store manager, we explained that we were entertaining a houseful of people in 2 days, and since we discarded our old couch the night before in anticipation of the new couch, we were left with no place for our guests to sit. We needed the couches within 2 days, and we expected a discount for the new couches. The initial Raymor & Flanagan response to us was that we already received a discounted price and the best they could do was credit us $100, and give us a Raymor & Flanagan gift card. Well, if they thought I was EVER going to walk into that store again, they were sadly mistaken. After much haggling, and speaking with several different store personnel they agreed to reduce the price further but informed us that the ONLY way to get the couch in 2 days was for us to pick it up from the store ourselves. They explained that since they already had a delivery schedule it was impossible to fit us in within the next 2 days, despite admitting that they were at fault ( despite our repeatedly being assured over the phone that the order was correct). We were forced to pick up the couch and loveseat ourselves. And adding insult to injury, when we arrived at the store to pick up the furniture, we were told that store personnel were not permitted to touch the items, and in no way could assist us to load the furniture into our car. They could however be VERY helpful by providing cord for us to tie up the furniture, in case it didn't fit in our car. Prior to this I had ( obviously mistakenly) thought that Raymor and Flanagan was a reputable company. ...Obviously not ! I've NEVER encountered worse customer service.I would NEVER shop here again, and I will encourage friends and family to avoid this store. Making a mistake is one thing. It happens. Failing to rectify the mistake and accommodate the customer is TOTALLY Unacceptable !

Had an Experience with Raymour and Flanigan?

Comments

Update:

So I searched the Internet to find the address for the corporate office to send a letter of complaint.I found the names of two persons in administrative positions.

Raymour & Flannigan get their message across loud and clear : once the purchase is complete-GOOD RIDDANCE to you ! They clearly don't care about their customers. There has been absolutely no response to our 2 letters ...

Not a surprise !:(

Update:

Raymour & Flannigan get their message across loud and clear : once the purchase is complete-GOOD RIDDANCE to you !They clearly don't care about their customers.