I purchased a sofa, love seat, and ottoman from Raymour and Flanigan two years ago, and got the WORST delivery service. Purchasing the products at the store was easy, and I was guarenteed my furniture in 6 to 8 weeks.

It was well over 3 months before I got any furniture, and when it did come, the ottoman was missing. After contacting the the salesman, the store manager, AND the regional district manager for the entire state numerous times, it was finally concluded that the ottoman was lost somewhere and I would have to wait for another to be ordered and made. When the day come for that ottoman to be delivered, they instead brought me a mattress. No one in the store returned any of my phone calls, even after I personally went to the store to speak with the manager on more than one occasion.

After such horrible service and many angry calls with the regional manager, we weren't even offered any type of refund or store credit for having to wait 6 months for our ottoman and months of aggrivation. We laugh every time we see the commercials for this store advertising delivery in 3 days or less...They have absolutely terrible delivery practices, and after trying to get help from numerous employees from the salesman to east coast regional manager, no one seemed to care about helping us or even giving us an idea of when we were going to receive the products we paid for.

Buyer beware!

Product or Service Mentioned: Raymour And Flanigan Sofa.

Comments

Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand #938

If it took you this long to get furniture, then you CUSTOM ORDERED something. Try custom ordering from Ethan Allen or Thomasville sometime... you'll be lucky if you see your furniture in less than 6 months...

Raymour & Flanigan offers 3-day delivery on all of their IN-STOCK merchandise. They have over 120 living room sets in their showroom that they can deliver to you that quickly.

My theory is after looking at all those sets, if you can't pick out ONE that you like, then you should be prepared to wait for your "perfect" set of furniture.

I've been buying from R&F for years with no problems, except once where I had to wait 1.5 weeks for a back-ordered stock item... the explanation was that they don't control the manufacturers that are shipping out the goods (often brand name companies such as Broyhill, Clayton Marcus, etc), and that if the manufacturer is having an issue or the product is imported and held up at US Customs, Raymour really can't do much about it, and they find it just as frustrating as we customers... made perfect sense to me! They don't make the furniture, their just an authorized retailer, so give them a break!

Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand #937

If you were waiting 6-8 weeks for delivery, then you had CUSTOM ORDERED furniture. This takes time to specially upholster furniture just for you. Are you aware that many other furniture companies will often quote 4-5 months for custom furniture (i.e. Ethan Allen, Thomasville), and then you're lucky if you ever receive it all!

I am a long-time customer with Raymour & Flanigan, and other than one instance where I had to wait 2 weeks for a back-ordered stock item, I have always gotten my furniture immediately. Raymour & Flanigan offers 3-day delivery on all of their "in-stock merchandise" which includes 99% of every single item you see on their showroom floor. This is not the case with CUSTOM ORDERED items, and they have always been up front about it.

My advice is if you want furniture right away, purchase one of their 120+ in-stock living room sets. If after looking at that many you still can't find something you like, then be prepared to wait for your "perfect set".

Campeche, Campeche, Mexico #730

The only way your furniture would take weeks to be delivered is if it's a special order and special orders can not be canceled or returned. as for the crappy delivery, I agree, they suck in that department.