Update added by user Aug 16, 2011
I didn\'t hesitate to criticize R & F when they messed up so now it is only fair to include the most recent developments.We had a second issue with the same piece a week before a very large party that would require the couch as a place for overnight guests to sleep.
While the initial reaction was like pulling teeth to get someone out to fix the piece, they ultimately came through with an interim repair in time before the party, which was very short notice. While the repair was mediocre it was certainly better than what we had before the techician came.
When I called to have the interim solution resolved there were several disconnects, but because spare parts were not available as the manufacturer had gone out of business, R & F replaced the couch with a brand new \"re-select\" of our choosing. No discounting for wear, no charge for delivery (as long as we spent the same or less than we did on the original). All in all, I was impressed with the way this was finally handled.
When dealing with this company, don\'t give up if you are getting no where with their first line staff.Escalate and you\'ll find that the company does care about it\'s reputation.
Original review posted by user Mar 26, 2011
Reported our dissatisfaction with a sectional after a couple of weeks, only offer to take it back was if we purchased a more expensive replacement.After just over a year the middle seat collapsed.
No problem, platinum care, no? Yeah, if you don't mind waiting for a month. Raymour and Flannigan in our opinion is more appropriately Pay-more and Scam-again. While shopping, remember that furniture just doesn't need to look good: it also has to be durable.
We had concerns when this junk was first delivered and we learned the hard way that they were completely legitimate.R and F should spend less on marketing and more on quality control.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sectional Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "So we brought 2 Quentin Accents chairs that we barely sat on du to the light color when we noticed that in between the arms and the part where your..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."