1.8

Update by user Dec 02, 2017

Raymour and Flanagan representative who identified himself as Donell called and said: best they can do under the circumstances is to give us $100 store coupon.

Original review posted by user Dec 01, 2017

Bought various kinds of furniture, including a leather couch, sofa, ottoman and arm chair at Raymour and Flanigan, West Springfield, MA. After a very short time one sofa seat cushion began to sag in the middle, apparently there wasn't enough padding, or was insufficiently padded, and as a result created a dent in the middle of the seat, which then caused fold or wrinkle in the sagging leather.

We had purchased the extended warranty, but it was still within the 1st year of manufacturer's warranty, so their furniture repair Technician came out, opened the seam on the back of the leather couch and added more padding to the seat section. So far so good I thought. The technician had to come out for the same reason a few months later for the other two sections. After 3 years I noticed a small patch of fine hairline cracks along the top of the back cushion in the section where no one sits.

How odd... one year later, the cracks had widened and began to spread along the back rest top and middle as well the middle section cushion. I purchased a slip cover. 5 years of very little use, the entire couch started to look as if it was dry rotten, cracking, and coming apart on all cushions and the back.

I took my paperwork and receipts to the store but was told, too bad, the warranty had JUST expired a couple months before. The entire couch looks like crap, the cracks continued and eventually completely opened up like rips. It now looks like those old "pleather" seats, cracked open in the middle like you find in a run down city diner or a very old car seat. Even those probably still look better!

Raymour and Flanigan, after showing them photos and a tiny patch of the completely deteriorated leather shrugged their shoulders. The store manager said he'd write an email to someone higher up. We were told to go home and wait for their response, which we got 6 days later: they reminded us that the warranty is expired... Sorry.

I will post photos here! This week we went to a smaller, local furniture store to show the photos and the leather patch for their opinion.

Their furniture specialist told us that the leather used is very, very thin, with a vinyl gloss bonded to the top to make it appear nice, but rather, it is cheap, processed material which they would NOT sell to their customers because it is KNOWN to deteriorate after about 5 years, whether you used the couch or not. In all my 50+ years of buying and owning furniture, I've never experienced any such poor, lousy customer service for inferior quality furniture.

Review about: Raymour And Flanigan Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Terrible customer service, Inferior furniture, False advertisement, Poor extended waranty, Lack of responsibility by company.

Comments