Cape May Court House, New Jersey

In 2005 my wife and I purchased $5200 worth of living room furniture from the N.E Philadelphia store (Franklin Mills). We paid with our AMEX card just in case of any problems within 3 to 4 weeks.

The items were delivered on time in 8" of snow that was wonderful except.....

My wife watched as they removed the protective plastic covering from our off-white LEATHER sofa and recliner. They then laid both IN THE SNOW on their backs and brought them dripping into my living room on my tri-colored hardwood.

Next came my coffee table and end tables which they did the same exact thing to. Following was my oak entertainment center. Again, they put it in the snow then onto the dolly. It took about 45 seconds to tip the dolly over and crash my center to the sidewalk.

They brought everything in and set it up still dripping wet, and managed to gouge the *** out of my hardwood floor.

The driver tells my wife to sign the papers and she informs him that she is refusing the delivery. He says that she can't refuse it because it is already delivered, so someone will come out to fix any problems.

My wife takes the papers and scrupulously notes the scratches, dents, gouges and breaks onto his sheet of paper. He tried to take it from her saying that she can't write on it and to just sign it (where it reads received in good condition). She didn't listen and noted the gouges on the hardwood, the 30" cut on the leather couch, the scrapes on the leather recliner, one side of the couch didn't recline, the coffee table was covered in nicks and scratches, and the entertainment center was scraped from top to bottom on one side and one leg was busted in half (where it fell off the dolly).

She then took digital pics while they were there and then signed the papers. She was instructed to call the store that evening to arrange a visit from a "professional" to fix the problems.

One week later the "pro" arrived and finally agreed that everything except for the end tables needed to be replaced.

The next week everything was again delivered and only the couch and recliner were accepted, the coffee table and entertainment center had to go back.

The following week the coffee table was accepted, but not the entertainment center.

All in all it took 5 replacements to get a entertainment center that was acceptable (with only light scratches that the technician had to come out and fill.

I had to claim the hardwood damage on my homeowners insurance (they were a pleasure to deal with).

NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!

Review about: Raymour And Flanigan Sofa.

Had an Experience with Raymour and Flanigan?

Comments

First Born Triplet
Toronto, Ontario, Canada #791196

Your experiences sounds sofa king horrible.

to First Born Triplet Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #791993

You are the first person to ever catch on to the phrase. Bravo!

:( All there deliveries are outsourced.They try to jam what the world has down your throat.

They give you no choices and if you get a choice you pay much higher prices.I dont want the samre furniture that is in all my neighbors homes.

They outsourced the delivery, and my homeowners took care of the floors. Just curious, is there a statute of limitations for small claims? This was about 5 years ago.

was the delevery guys there own, or another privet co.if it was another co., doing the delv.

you could file in small clames court, especily if you have pictures.up to 3,000.00